Echoes of History endeavors to preserve, conserve & protect History. With every passing moment that is truly a Echo in History. Come join us to explore History. We get to ask ourselves, “What is important in our history?” and “What parts of our past can we preserve for the future?” Through historic preservation, we look at history in different ways, ask different questions of the past, and learn new things about our history and ourselves. Historic preservation is an important way for us to transmit our understanding of the past to future generations. This mixture of fascinating history & endless curiosity inside a beautiful world of the abandoned but not forgotten. We have added some amazing moments from history as well, as we believe they are truly the vision of what Echoes of History means. EOH was launched to aid in that purpose and like history itself, is wonderfully timeless. Peering into the past reveals to us that though time and technology change, human nature never does. A heartbreak feels the same whether on the rugged frontiers of yesteryear and the giant wonders of today. A triumph of the spirit is equally so. As is disappointment and joy. We envision History and all that we can learn from history, is truly worthwhile.
We try to bring you the best in History, Travel locations around the world, Abandoned & Haunted Locations, Urban Myths, Music & Entertainment, Space & More. What a exciting time in history we are at. With every moment that passes that is truly a Echo in History. History just happened right in front of us.
We are trying to accomplish something no one has been able to accomplish yet, voter awareness of Political issues. This does seem an impossible task right now but going into such a critical election year we thought this was key.
Politics have always been the largest driving force in the world. Those in charge dictate what happens, who it happens to and what will happen to everyone else. It is the very core of where the world stands today and where it may end up tomorrow. Politics affect everyone, whether they’d like to believe it or not. And yet, there seems to be a troubling pattern among people claiming to be “non-political,” an entirely implausible notion in this day and age. It shapes our world and daily activities, freedoms and privileges. We are trying to provide a spot before you vote to understand what your voting for, a force for truth a force for what the political industry has needed for years transparency.
Political awareness operates in the political information exchange between the individual and various sources of political messages communicated in the public space. It is commonly understood as an important asset, which determines people’s engagement with politics and how political awareness might be a key asset, which determines participation and active citizenship. There are questions of the role of political values; standards which makes people prefer certain policies, persons outcomes or ideologies, equality, freedom, respect, tolerance, the role of emotions that shape the way we look at thing and how we perceive candidates and laws.
With every abandoned building each has its own story about where its started and how it became abandoned, whether it’s an urban legend or the truth. Rotting, crumbling, or completely invaded by nature, abandoned buildings can be as creepy as they are fascinating. From ancient ruins uncovered underneath ash to hospitals, amusement parks, churches and ancient ruins that have been left to rot, we’ve will be presenting many of them around the world and the history behind them.
All our images come either Wiki Media Commons available under the Creative Commons CC0 License & Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; GNU Free Documentation License, Our own pictures, Library of Congress and images used by permission from organizations or individuals. Credits added on all images and if we have missed any credits please contact us so we can add credits if we missed any. We believe in giving credit were credit is due. Our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Terms and Conditions
This website is provided by Echoes of History on an ‘as is’ basis. No warranties or representations of any kind expressed or implied are given (and if any such warranties and representations arise by operation of law or otherwise they are hereby disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law) in connection with this site or its content including the completeness or accuracy of any of its contents (in particular but without limiting the foregoing any listing information).
Echoes of History, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damages or expenses of any kind including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property or claims by third parties howsoever arising (save for death or injury caused by Echoes of History’s negligence or that of its commissioners, employees, officers and agents) in connection with the copying or use of any information or material contained in or referred to on this website or otherwise from the use of this website.
Echoes of History reserves the right to withdraw its website at any time and without prior warning. English Heritage will endeavor to advise users of its website in advance of any withdrawal, whether such withdrawal is temporary or permanent.
Echoes of History reserves the right at its discretion to prohibit any link from another Internet site or equivalent entity to materials or information on this website. Without prejudice to that, any link to material or information on this website must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate Echoes of History or echoesofhistory.org as the destination of the link.
Furthermore, no page or pages from this website may be framed by or with any third party content or otherwise made available to the public in conjunction with any third party content without the prior written consent of Echoes of History.
COPYRIGHT AND RELATED RIGHTS
All content, designs, text, graphics, software compilations and source codes on this website are the copyright of Echoes of History and/or its content providers.
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only and may not be recopied and shared with a third party except as set out in user-submitted content, below. The permission to recopy by an individual does not allow for incorporation of material or any part of it in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Any other use of the website without prior written consent from Echoes of History is strictly forbidden.
English Heritage reserves the right to change or amend these Website Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
By sending any text, images, audio, video or other content to this website you grant to Echoes of History a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish and use that content (or any part of it, and as that content may be edited, cropped or otherwise modified by Echoes of History, at Echoes of History’s discretion) on this website, and on or in other Echoes of History websites and publications, in any media and at any time. Echoes of History may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to Echoes of History. You also agree that any user of this website may use such content in accordance with these Website Terms and Conditions.
You (or the copyright owner) remain the owner of copyright in any content and are free to republish it wherever you (or the owner) so wish, subject to any other restraints. You agree however to abide by Echoes of History’s rules in relation to commercial photography at English Heritage sites, namely that photographs taken at Echoes of History sites may not be exploited in any commercial context without the prior written consent of Echoes of History. Please note too that photography at non-Echoes of History sites may be subject to similar or different restrictions.
All material must comply with the User Content Pages – Rules of Acceptable Use, set out below.
USER CONTENT PAGES – RULES OF ACCEPTABLE USE
User Content Pages and any discussion forums or pages of this website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these user content pages and this website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the user content pages and this website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
- you may not place on this website any material (or use any user name) which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful to children, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate; or which might bring Echoes of History into disrepute.
- you may not post any material on this website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- you may not post any material on this website which compromises or is invasive of the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and confirm that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child) who appears, or is referred to, in any material posted by you on the website to its publication by Echoes of History in accordance with these terms.
- you may not use multiple log-ins or post duplicate, repetitive or trivial content or content which does not relate to the applicable discussion thread.
- you may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- you may not place on this website any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- you may not place on the site any material whose publication by Echoes of History may give rise to any third party claims.
- you may not place any links on this website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- you may not place on this website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use this website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
- you may not place on this website any material that authorizes, enables or encourages the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of this website or servers or networks connected to this website.
- you agree that Echoes of History accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on this website by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- you agree to indemnify Echoes of History, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to this website, from any unauthorized use of material obtained from our website or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on this website please let English Heritage know by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
On certain parts of this website English Heritage may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the ‘Registration Data’) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD
The registration processes on this website will involve you being allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your website account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You agree to (a) notify Echoes of History immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or website account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com, and (b) ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session. Echoes of History cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.